Helping you complain to the property business
Mistakes do happen and it is only fair to allow the property business time to put things right.
All TPO property businesses must operate a complaints procedure.
HOW TO COMPLAIN TO THE PROPERTY BUSINESS
Write to the property business, setting out your complaint clearly
The property business should acknowledge your complaint within 3 working days
The property business must investigate your complaint fully and write to you within 15 working days
If you are not happy, write back and explain why. The property business will review your complaint again and write to you explaining their final viewpoint and how, if you are not satisfied, you can escalate your complaint to us.
TIPS WHEN COMPLAINING TO THE PROPERTY AGENT
If you need help writing to the property business, a complaint letter template is available via the helpful links box on this page.
- Ask the property business for a copy of their complaints process before you complain or look on their website for this. All TPO members must have one, and are required to send it to you when you ask.
- Clearly explain your complaints when you write to the property business. If you have more than one, number the complaints. The clearer you are in your explanation the more likely you are to receive a clear response from the property business.
- Explain how you would like them to put things right.
- Follow up any verbal conversations with an email to the property business, confirming who you spoke to, what was discussed and when the conversation happened. You may need to refer to this at a later date, so keep a copy where you can find it.
- Send any letters by recorded delivery or set a delivery receipt if you email them.
- Keep written records, including copies of all letters and emails to and from the property business.