The property agent is not a TPO member – what can I do?

If the property agent is not registered with us or was previously registered, but is no longer a TPO member, you can:

  • Check our Signposting page for the other schemes they may be registered with
  • Use our advice form to contact us if your complaint occurred before the agent left our scheme
  • Use the advice form to contact us if you need further clarification on the agent’s membership status. If a property agent is not a member of any scheme, they may be trading illegally and you should inform your local Trading Standards so they can investigate.

Landlords: Some Landlords may be signed up to our scheme, but it is not a legal requirement for Landlords to be a member of a redress scheme. If you have a complaint against a landlord you may wish to speak to Shelter or your local citizens advice, details for these can be found in our signposting page via the helpful links box on this page.